4 Game Farm Duck Marylands
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
700g tub of duck fat
1. Combine salt, bay leaves and thyme in a bowl. Place duck in a single layer in a non-reactive dish, scatter salt mixture over and rub well all over duck.
2. Cover with a clean tea towel and refrigerate for 12 hours. Rinse salt mixture from duck, pat dry with absorbent paper and place in a single layer in a deep roasting pan.
3. Preheat oven to 100°C. Heat duck fat in a saucepan until just melted, then pour over duck legs until completely submerged. Bake until very tender (1 1/2 hours). Scatter a little salt in the base of an earthenware dish.
4. Remove duck from fat, place in a single layer in dish and strain over duck fat to cover. Cover and refrigerate until required.
5. To serve duck, remove legs from fat and cook in a heavy based fry pan over medium high heat for three minutes each side until crisp and golden and heated through. Serve with crispy potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed green beans.