1 packet Game Farm Quail Breasts Fillets cut in half
10 baby turnips cut in quarters
8 pork and fennel sausages cut in quarters
6-8 blood oranges (need 100mL juice)
30mL olive oil 20-40g sugar
1. Blanch quartered baby turnips in boiling water for 3½ minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, skewer one piece of turnip, ½ quail breast, 1 quartered sausage. Repeat until each skewer is full.
3. Juice the blood oranges.
4. Place the blood orange juice (approximately 100ml) in a saucepan with sugar and bring to boil.
5. Once the sugar has dissolved, taste the solution. (The blood orange and sugar should be sweet and tangy). If the solution is too tangy, add ½ teaspoon sugar more, until you are happy with the taste.
6. Whisk olive oil in the mixture and set dressing aside.
7. Season skewers with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
8. Place skewers on a plate with seasonal salad and dress with Blood orange dressing.
*You can cook the skewers on a chargrill, bbq or fry pan. **42 Bannerman served their quail skewers with a fresh rocket and roasted golden beetroot salad with fried eschallots. Alternatively, a rocket, pear and parmesan salad with walnuts would also be tasty! Makes (12-13 large skewers)